Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chicken Vindaloo



Raining today, me and the pups inside. I had "Chicken Vindaloo" from TJ's today (made famous by the Ramones song "Somthin to do" here's the lyrics: (Hanging out of Second Avenue Eating chicken vindaloo I just want to be with you I just want to have something to do Tonight, tonight, tonight,tonight,tonight,tonight Well allright. Tonight, tonight, tonight,tonight,tonight,tonight Wait-Now Wait-Now Hanging out all by myself Cause I don't want to be with anybody else I just want to be with you I just want to have something to do Tonight ) Joey Ramone was the coolest there ever was. I went to SF on vacation (first one I ever took alone...) I was walking down haight street in the a.m (like 6am!). and I see Joey and an entourage walking down the street. I followed them for a bit and finally waved and he waved back, he was having fun window shopping. Years later we were drinking beer in the parking lot of the warner grand in san pedro (Ramones/fIREHOSE and bad religion were playing that night) Joey hung out with us and talked before the show. He had total love for his fans, I miss the Ramones! Well, getting back to the Chicken Vindaloo, It's a curry chicken with cinnamon, cloves, ginger and garlic. I used to love smoking clove cigs, and the flavor had clove hints. Some folks don't care for curry... but I can picture the Ramones in NY on a cold day, eating this chicken with steam coming off it. Hot and spicy to keep warm. I love this stuff...

Link to chicken Vindaloo Crock pot recipe: CHICKEN VINDALOO

No comments:

Post a Comment