Thursday, September 9, 2010

About Scott Aicher



My name is Scott Aicher, but I have been given many nicknames (Skoots, Skeets, Space Ghost, Scootch, Doochkavie....I could keep going, but I digress) I have been drawing and painting my whole life. Mostly I learned from my mother, Pat Zaleski and grandmother Ardis Underwood. They showed me the techniques to get started, my uncle Don Underwood stimulated my creativity by turning me on to underground artists like Ed "Big Daddy" Roth, Rick Griffin, Zap Magazine, Weirdo Magazine (I got these taken away at school a few times, I always had a copy in my backpack.) I grew up in Redondo Beach, CA. when skateboarding was getting it second wind of popuality. On the playground, we traded "Odd Rod" and Super Baseball/Football Freak cards, Mad Magazines, Redline Hot Wheels, Zowies, Wacky Packages Gum Cards, Kiss Cards, and today I collect all these things, and they are they catalyst for my creative ideas.

Moving to San Pedro in my early 20's I made flyers for local bands and worked 2 jobs. One at a local print shop doing graphic design, darkroom work and delivery. and on weekends at Peanut Records in Lomita, where I met bands and found lots of dates. One night my friends in the band Generator were playing a show with Pennywise at big john's house in gardena. John form generator insisted that I go, he told me, "I will come over there and drag you there" if I didn't get off my couch. When I got there I saw a red headed girl across the crowd, and went to get her a beer, but I did not know how I was going to talk to her. When I got back from the keg, she was over by the porta pottie talking to my friend from high school, Stephanie. We stared talking about how nirvana was going to be on SNL that night for the first time, so we went to my apartment to watch it. Sharon is still my wife today. She sees to it that all my art is the best it can be, and tells me to fix it when it needs work. We have a house in San Pedro, and a dog named Daisy whom we love like a baby.

I have had quite a few art shows locally and contribute to the fanzine "the Rise and the Fall" that is distributed throughout Los Angeles, and reaches people as far as Washington D.C. I do reviews and every issue I do a comic too. The RATF has a my space page, so check it out! I also show at Gasoline Gallery now and then in El Segundo, they specialize in all aspects of kustom kulture, so check them out too on my space.

I worked for many years designing for clothing lines in action sports and entertainment companies before starting Planet 67 to have more creative control, so I have plenty of experience in all aspects of graphic design and production art. I offer my design services as well as my stuff for sale. I also offer custom painting at reasonable prices. So contact me with your orders or share your ideas for my site! Here's where you can reach me:

Email addresses: (aichertime@sbcglobal.net) (scottaicher@yahoo.com) (planetsixtyseven@yahoo.com)
Websites: (planetsixtyseven.com) (www.myspace.com/planet67) (www.myspace.com/scottaicher)

No comments:

Post a Comment