Sunday, November 15, 2009

What a slacker! Two bad weeks...

Daisy loves her bed!
Great Grandma's old stool
The 1930's Wedge Wood Stove

I got sick the last two weeks. Some kind of cold, not the Swine, although my eating was out of control this last week. I fought the bad stuff off, but I caved this week with the worst of all sins... the Glazed Donut, two of them, then an apple fritter... you heard me! I got it back in check today with a turkey burger for lunch and chicken soup for dinner. I will live to fight another day...

My father in law restored the red stool that once belonged to my great grandmother. It was crusty with rust. My mom gave it to me partly steel wooled (she got some rust off). George finished it. As you can see... it looks good next to our 1930's stove we got from our new neighbors. My mom also got a new cedar bed for Daisy (now a 3 legger) to cuddle up on.

Thanks Mom and George!

No comments:

Post a Comment